Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Prayers that tugged at my heart.

So during Advent, we made this prayer chain, and over the weeks following Advent we had been taking pieces of the chain off and using them during the intercessory prayers on Sundays.

As I went through these, there are several I pulled out that tugged at my heart, and truly illustrate what the kids in this neighborhood go through, and how powerfully they see God in their lives and need God in their lives. I want to share them, and hope that you will see their power as well.


1. I pray that I live to see another day and I pray that some day my mom won't give up on me.

2. I pray that my broken heart can get healed and I can stop thinking about the one I gave my heart and gift to.

3. Me.

4. All my close friends and enemies.

5. I pray that I can go to Prom because this is my first one.

6. I pray that my mom could get some help with paying the bills and with us, she can't do it alone.

7. Gay pride.

8. Safer streets in all cities.

9. I would like to pray on my life and that I won't be homeless by January.


There were many many more prayers, but these are the ones I knew were written by the youth, and that made me cry each time I read them. The children of the church and of the cities are in need of help, they need people to support them, to show them love (because they don't always get it at home) and to listen to their fears, because they are real. Many of these children try to find that somewhere, and end up in gangs or as prositutes, so I would encourage everyone to reach out and care, take a child into your heart, and offer them a safe place that they can talk and be a kid.

I pray that all these children's prayers are answered, and that they feeling the healing presence of God in their lives, supported by people who care.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home