Saturday, November 15, 2008

Time

It seems that time is slipping away quickly. These past few weeks, heck even the past few months have just disappeared. Not that this is a bad thing, it just makes me feel like I'm running in a race, and will be exhausted at the end of this. I've been trying to take time for myself, and work on a careful balance of time, but it seems like there is always so much to do.

I haven't really made a post about myself the last few weeks, so here is the rundown. I am really enjoying Salem, it's given me a lot of opportunities to see my call to ministry strengthened, and understand that I am very capable through God's help of spreading the message of the Gospel. Along with all the weekly responsibilities, I've done quite a few exciting things in last few weeks.

One was presiding over a funeral on my own, a second was running a women's retreat. Both went extremely well. I've really been blessed with the opportunities that are left open to me. Along with these opportunities, come some very deep conversations with Pastor Hardy, which have both been enlightening and thought-provoking.

The latest conversation, is one that I would like some others feedback on. We were discussing how you can lead worship and still worship. PH informed me that he does not expect worship to be a time of worship and praise for him, instead he sees it as his responsibility to lead. Instead he says that he finds daily devotion as his way of furthering his relationship to God, and that he can't even really get much out of a worship service lead by someone else, because he analyzes it too much. Is this what clergy are stuck into? Or are there ways that there can still be a time of worship for the staff leading the service? Anyone have some personal experiences with this struggle or thoughts? I'd be interested in other opinions, because I haven't given up on the idea that worship can still happen for pastoral leaders.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home