Friday, April 11, 2008

Spring?!

By Spring of course I mean 70 degree weather. Until yesterday, the weather in Philly was a measly 40 degrees, and bam! now it's spring. Of course, just because the flowers sprung up about 2 weeks ago, that didn't mean anything. It's not spring till people can wear short sleeves and shorts. But that's right, it's here, in all its glory. Bees have started swarming faces again, the blood suckers are already out and spreading disease, gnats, hornets, girls with short shorts, and every other summer pest has come out of hiding. It is only a brief amount of time now till there will be almost naked people roaming the streets of Philly. Now, don't get me wrong, I love spring, almost as much as the next person, but it's really the small things I don't like. The flowers are beautiful, the daffodils, Maple blossoms, magnolia trees and the small children allowed to frolic outside without being bundled up are all blessings. I just don't like being afraid of that nasty yellow and black insect stinging me, or getting red itchy bumps from those flying bastards sucking my blood.

But really, it's spring, so be excited right?

One more rant, then I promise I'll be done bashing this beautiful season. Spring makes me think new love, and apparently has affected everyone else this way. Everyone wants to be in love, to have that puppy love, walking down the street together holding hands, kissing at every free moment, making people sick as they walk down the street. Seriously, I threw up in my mouth a little watching all the love in the air. Yeah, I was talking about you, you and that girl who couldn't separate your faces from each other. What are your braces stuck together or something?

Through it all, I still love spring, can't you tell?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home