Monday, April 7, 2008

Politics

Well here goes nothing...

Democrats across the United States are split as to who they are supporting. The two candidates sling back and forth all the time, challenge each other, and sometimes get downright nasty. Instead of lifting up that they are both changing history, they fight with each other like squabbling children. (This isn't to say that I don't have my own bias for one over the other.) Since when has political mud-slinging become appropriate? I guess I just don't understand why people would even respond do one anothers child like behavior.

America has taken on attributes of believing that we are a chosen people. That God protects us, and that we are in the land of milk and honey. Are you kidding me? Since when has this land racked with dissension, violence, and self-centered behavior become the perfect ideal golden land? Did we win the golden ticket? If so, when was this contest, because I'm sure there are countries who handle corruption much better then we do. It seems that we have adopted this image, and have since then started naval gazing. We no longer look out broader, helping our fellow human beings, but we decide everyone should be like us, I mean c'mon we are like amazing right? This whole ideal of perfectionism has infected our presidential candidates. They are so focused on making sure they are represented perfectly, that they go and respond to things that are completely fabricated. Who freaking cares if you wore African garb? You were visiting Africa, you should be wearing the traditional garb, you were presented with it! Besides Hillary wears roach clothing everyday, and you don't see her apologizing to the insects for insulting their very existence.

Alright, so by this point you have most likely figured out who I support. Unfortunately myself is not a choice, because I'm like amazing right? Ugh, darn I slipped into my American thinking again. But yes, I support Obama. And I support him for several reasons. He hardly ever starts the mud-slinging. Although I don't really agree with attacking back, but hey, you can only put up with so much roach poop till you call an exterminator.

Obama has stepped up his faith based advocating. Which is beneficial, since McCain can't keep the evangelicals at the moment, and they need to vote for someone. Obama also has history with faith based organizing, he knows what works, he's sat in low wage homes before, he's willing to move out of his comfort zone. Hillary on the other hand, just hangs out with the roaches, doesn't take much effort for her though, I mean her husband is King of the Scuzzy.

It's really too bad that Hillary is so focused on just herself, otherwise, she might have actually benefited NY state, and I may have considered voting for her. My feminist self however, is disgusted by her actions, and therefore will not vote for someone who will use their cheating husband as a way to move up the political pole.

To conclude, I guess people just can't get out of their human sinfulness. Even in this post I mud slung, and I'm not even a political candidate. So let's grasp for the golden ticket, and get the heck out of this war already!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home