Sunday, June 24, 2007

Graduation, thoughts, and musings on completions...

My brother graduated. My baby brother graduated high school. Sachem North High School to be exact. I could not be prouder of him. :)

Funny how just being someplace makes you strike up old memories of places you thought you left behind. As I was walking over the field between South (or now the building called Samoset) to North, I remembered all the times I had played lacrosse on those fields, all the miles I had run for gym and track on burmer road, all the days that I spent thinking about science projects as I trecked to the North Gym to prepare for Winter Track. How life seemed so complicated then, and how it seems like it was so simple while reflecting back on it. Then I remembered how good it is to be rid of that place forever. I never really had a problem leaving high school, I never felt right in my skin during those years. I wasn't proud of who I was, or what I looked like to be exact. I especially was overly conscious of this fact, because it seemed like everyone else had already had a boyfriend or at the very least had kissed a boy. I hadn't done any of those things, I was shy, I was polite, and I surely wasn't a cheerleader. I did well in my classes, stayed quiet, and didn't get overly socially involved with anyone. My, have things changed.

I am self-confident now. I am proud of who I am, and I have found my niche in the world. I dont' care how many boys I've kissed, they were just boys, and some not really worth my time. I know what I want out of the world, I know what I am suppossed to be doing, and that is an awesome feeling. And that feeling didnt come from HS experiences, instead it came from growing up, from spreading my wings on my own, from failing, picking myself back up, and moving on to create something great. To create myself in that rebirth, to make up my own decisions, and not worry about what someone else thinks about what I am wearing or doing. I have a license to be myself, and I am damn glad.


This is what I hope for my brother. That he finds himself, and what is true for himself. I wish him all the luck in the world, and am here for all of the trips or falls on the way. He will do some awesome things I am sure of it.

As for other endings, I'm done with 'him'. I can't see myself with him, and I don't want to be with him anymore. I don't need his validation, and he surely doesn't treat me well enough to warrent any more attention. I'm happy with who I am, my independence, my compassion for others, and my pursuit of acheivement. Eventually, it would be nice to find the man I am meant to be with. Until then, I'll survive being me, and living my life to the fullest.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home